[Scribus] memory issues using images

architetto francesco fantoni <hva - hermanitos verdes architetti> francesco
Fri Nov 10 22:24:15 CET 2006

more than with very large images i have problems with a high number of
images (not so high anyway, more or less 90 images with a 5 megapixel
resolution, quite normal in DTP if you want to make a photo-book, and i
have 1Gb ram). The funny thing is that i can use Scribus 1.2 with the
same amount of pictures without any problem. Frankly i find quite
strange to "recommend all distributions package 1.3.3.5+ from now on"
when 1.2 is still able to do things that 1.3.x series can't do,
crashing. I think the memory issue is quite a severe one.