[Scribus] importing images into scribus

Terence Chan terence
Fri Nov 10 17:50:01 CET 2006

Hello,

I've been happily importing tif images into an existing
scribus document without any problems but recently found
that if I start a new document and import exactly the same
image into the new document using exactly the same preference
settings, it looks awful (in particular all the dark colours
come out a nasty bright green!) My first thought was that I'd
screwed up a configuration file somewhere, so I deleted my
.scribus directory and started over again, but exactly the
same thing happened as soon as colour management is turned
on. I can import images with colour management turned off and
it looks ok but then if I activate colour management, scribus
doesn't seem to recognize any icc profiles (e.g. there is
no profile drop-down menu in the properties dialogue even after
restarting scribus). Are there some settings that are internal
to a saved document? And if so how do I replicate those settings
in other documents?

At the moment, the only way I can successfully import images into
a new document and use colour management properly is to open an
existing document that already has images successfully
loaded, delete all the pages, insert new ones then save it as
a new document. This can't be a viable long-term solution.

I'm using scribus 1.3.3.4 under Fedora Core 5 with 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp
kernel.

Terence