[Scribus] Windows booklet printing

Joji Kaden jojikaden
Mon Nov 6 08:13:02 CET 2006

I am not a programmer. I came across the Scribus recently as I was loking
around for a free software for laying out the pages of a book that I am
planning to do. I have used the Adobe PageMaker, MS Publisher and other
Windows programs on PCs. I would like to experiment with Scribus as it seems
interesting to me.
However, I too have faced some issues like page numbering, common headers,
etc. for the book, and was looking around here for solutions. This forum has
been encouraging and very informative. I appreciate all those who take time
to answer and give their valuable suggestions.

I think Calum has a point. Techies are not the only people who use computers
these days and the more userfriendly your program is the more proponents you
will win. For an average user it is time and convenience that matters. If
Scribus can't give him what he wants, naturally he will look at other
options and particularly userfriendly ones. The question to be answered is
why should a layman choose to use Scribus from among a host of other similar
programs?

Joji