[Scribus] Windows booklet printing

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Sun Nov 5 20:57:49 CET 2006

> The first is the ability to take a Scribus page as a whole and resize
> it, plus other operations like rotating or making a mirror image (I'm
> trying to think generically). So one could easily convert an A4 page to
> US Letter, or take two pages the size of an A4 and shrink/rotate to make
> an A5 booklet page.

I really think the scaling part should not be part of the impositioning. Impositioning is about placing pages on a print sheet.

When you resize a page, what shall happen to everything on the page? Frames, lines of text within text frames etc. What if the aspect ratio of the page changes?

I doubt a designer would want the text to reflow (it could in worst case make the document need more pages). And if the text is scaled then the text size is also scaled... But don't you chose a text size based on what size you want on the print? Chosing a bigger text because it is going to get scaled feels like a very bad (backwards) way to design a layout. Why not design at the right size from the beginning?