[Scribus] Postscript Type1 fonts

avox avox
Fri Nov 3 17:57:51 CET 2006

String Larson-2 wrote:

> They are sitting in my /Users/string/Library/Fonts folder along with
> a bunch of TTFs. Seems that only the .ttfs are loading.
> One thing I just noticed is that the files containing the PS fonts
> have no extension. Eg. AveniBla, AveniBlaObl, etc.
> I tried adding .lwfn but no luck.
> Under Scribus->Preferences->Fonts, I'm only seeing TT and OT fonts.
> Its pickup TTFs and OTFs in .ttf files and/or suitcase files.

Scribus should pick up the Type1 fonts also. What version of FreeType are
you using?
FreeType has some special code for old macfonts which needs to be compiled
in separately.
Unfortunately the same code caused "too many open files" errors in previous
versions, so
I disabled it in some of the Libraries binaries.

/Andreas