[Scribus] Postscript Type1 fonts

String Larson string01
Fri Nov 3 03:54:06 CET 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 7:30 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:

> String Larson wrote:
>> Running Aqua-Scribus on OSX(10.4.8).
>>
>> Scribus does not pick up my installed Postscript Type1 fonts.
>>
>> Is there any way to get these into Scribus ?
>
> You can add the folder they're in as an extra font path in Scribus.
>
> Preferences->Fonts->Additional Paths.
>
> However, if your other Mac OS X apps can find them, Scribus should be
> able to as well (unless they're being added by a font manager like
> Suitcase). Where are they stored?
They are sitting in my /Users/string/Library/Fonts folder along with
a bunch of TTFs. Seems that only the .ttfs are loading.
One thing I just noticed is that the files containing the PS fonts
have no extension. Eg. AveniBla, AveniBlaObl, etc.
I tried adding .lwfn but no luck.
Under Scribus->Preferences->Fonts, I'm only seeing TT and OT fonts.
Its pickup TTFs and OTFs in .ttf files and/or suitcase files.