[Scribus] Scribus Autopackage

Taj Morton tajmorton
Fri Nov 3 08:10:42 CET 2006

Hey Guys,
Thanks for your work on Scribus! I just wanted to let you know that I've
packaged up Scribus in an Autopackage. For those of you who don't know,
Autopackage (http://autopackage.org) is a cross-distro binary packaging system
which makes it easy to install software on Linux. Here's the package file:
http://www.wildgardenseed.com/Taj/autopackage/scribus/Scribus%20Page%20Layout%20Application%201.3.3.4.package

If you've already got Autopackage installed, just double click on it. Otherwise,
make it executable and run it. It should install the autopackage support code
and then the Scribus package. It will also uninstall a Scribus RPM /if/ you're
installing the package system wide, instead of into your $HOME directory (you
install into your $HOME directory by clicking "No Password" when prompted).

Let me know if/how it works for you guys! Is this something you're interested in
listing on your download page? Or, even better, maintaining? Creating
autopackages is pretty easy (just run `makeinstaller`), but since Scribus is a
C++ app, you'll need to have both g++-3.2/3/3 and g++-3.4/4.0 installed. It's
not too difficult to build gcc/g++ if your distro doesn't provide older/newer
g++s, though (pretty much just the classic ./configure && make && make install).

Looking forward to your thoughts!
Thanks,
Taj