[Scribus] I really shouldn't open my mouth... but I'm going to

Peter Nermander m8130
Thu Nov 2 07:32:16 CET 2006

> > It's sort of a philosophical issue. Windows users tend to be something

As he says, it's philosophical.

> Now, personally, I don't much like Windows, but I recognise it has its
> uses, as do most platforms - and calling all windows users stupid is, to
> put it bluntly, stupid.

No, all Windows users are not stupid, only those who really want to run free
software under Windows:-)

If you need to use Windows instead of Linux, why do you want to
use Scribus instead of some Windows application? My primary reason to use
Scribus is that it is FOSS. The same reason I use Linux on most of my computers
at home (some of them run Windows, but only Win 98).

If booklet printing under Windows is so important, why not use for example MS
Publisher? Or even MS Word? What is it you need that Scribus has that those
apps don't have?

When I want to do booklet printing under Windows I export to a PDF and impose it
using Multivalent. It's not very Windowish, but at least it runs under Windows and
all it takes is a suitable command line like
"c:\program files\java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\java.exe" -cp
"c:\windows\java;c:\Documents and settings\pen\temp\slask\multivalent.jar"
tool.pdf.Impose -dim 2x1 -layout 2,35,36,1,4,33,34,3,6,31,32,5,8,29,30,7,10,27,28,9,12,25,26,11,14,23,24,13,16,21,22,15,18,19,20,17
-paper "420x297 mm" -verbose %*

(This is for a 36 page A4 magazine printed on A3 to be folded into a magazine
and saddle stapled)

/Peter