[Scribus] Scientific publishing

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed May 31 01:49:36 CEST 2006

Hi all,

following the list for more than two years now, I have recognised that a lot
of people use/tried to use Scribus for scientific publishing purposes -- with
more or less success. Although LaTeX can be considered a standard in this
area of publishing, there are certainly many goals that can be easier
achieved with a layout software.

In case enough people are interested, I would add a discussion article to the
wiki or create a metabug on the bugtracker. I believe the requirements of
scientific publishing differ enough from general purposes that such a special
would be justified (besides, it could become one area for the suggested
expert teams). Things like file formats, bibliographies, scripting
capabilities etc. could be discussed there.

Please tell me what you think about it.

Cheers,

Christoph