[Scribus] Story Editor: smart text selection

Philipp Wagner lists
Tue May 30 19:48:31 CEST 2006

Christoph Sch?fer schrieb:
> Am Montag, 29. Mai 2006 16:42 schrieb Gregory Pittman:
>> I'm in the process of writing a page in the Wiki about Story Editor.
>> There is an item in Settings that let's you select "Smart text
>> selection." Does anyone know what this does?
>>
>> Greg
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> it means that a double click on a word will only select the word, and no
> additional empty space behind the last letter (which is the default).

I just checked and i was right, the behavior which is supposed to be
"smart" is the default behavior in all other applications i tried
(starting from Firefox and Thunderbird to KDevelop). So IMO this should
be default behavior in Scribus also and thus theres no need for an
option to enable "smart" text selection any more. Remove it to make the
UI more easy to use!

Philipp