[Scribus] Prepare EPS for commercial print

momo momo
Tue May 30 03:21:52 CEST 2006

Hi,

Inkscape does not produce CMYK graphics. It is because it is an SVG editor,
and SVG supports only the RGB color model. Even when exported to EPS, the
graphics are still RGB (at least in Inkscape 0.43, maybe things will work
differently in the upcoming 0.44 release) so this can be a problem for the
printer (RGB is unusable for offset printing...)

So the best to do is to import SVG (or EPS) generated by Inkscape into
Scribus, and export the whole stuff as CMYK (in PDF for example.)

Regards,

Mourad Mokrane
Art director
Lumen Design Studio