[Scribus] FOSS Competition for Scribus ;)

frank gaude' tanzen
Sat May 27 20:43:49 CEST 2006

Steven Boothe wrote:
> On 5/26/06, Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> who'd a thunk it? Scribus now faces serious competition from a new FOSS project called DTP Blender: http://dtpblender.instinctive.de/cms/Main/Home
>>

> "serious competition"???
>
> See, no competition, they are just seeking to make it easier to
> "sketch" out what you want easier and faster before handing off your
> work to Scribus for the heavy lifting part of creating the output...
> :-)
> <laughter suppressor /off>

I guess you could say the same thing for XaraLX. It's a show stopper.
And fast, fast... I know of no other FOSS program that does what it does
and does it fast. <smile>

          http://www.xaraxtreme.org

I've been working with it on both 32 and 64-bit machines. Just about has
it all for a page layout program for slick magazines and the like. The
Windows version is complete with a Picture Editor; the Linux version is
almost there, 70% finished.

Frank