[Scribus] Correct tool for 500-page technical book

D. R. Evans doc.evans
Thu May 25 17:35:21 CEST 2006

> The problem with the LaTeX solutions is that it is hard if you want major changes in the layout.

Getting OT here, but that's the reason I prefer plain TeX to LaTeX.

I usually find that I spend longer tweaking some other person's style
that almost-but-not-quite does what  want than I would do writing a
TeX macro from scratch to do exactly what I want. But that's probably
just because I started with TeX a long time ago, when LaTeX wasn't
remotely usable for real projects, and simply got into the habit of
solving my own problems. I certainly know TeX far better than I know
LaTeX.

You are right: some kind of interactive LaTeX style designer would be great.

  Doc