[Scribus] Image files in Scribus 1.3

Marc de Banville marc
Wed May 24 15:39:23 CEST 2006

Hello all,

My name is Marc and I published late 2004 a book using Sribus 1.2 . Now
I need to rehaul the whole book to prepare the second edition. I would
like to use 1.3.3.1 which I have installed in Win XP, Mandriva Linux and
MacOSX Machines. I thought compatibility wouldn't be a main problem as I
planned to start from scratch, using only the corrected text and
pictures from the first edition.

My problem is that CMYK pictures I used in the French version of the
book (nov. 2004) and spanish version (june 2005) now appear with weird
colors (green), and not the correct size (somehow "cropped"), and not
only into scribus. They export like that into pdf. This is happening
only with some images, and not with others. When I check these pictuers
into Photoshop, they appear correctely. I tried to change the color
perfile of the image, not to avail. The info sheet revealed the new
perfile, but the picture still appear weird.

When I try a pdf/X-3 output, the pictures maintain their weird colors.
Strange enough, an older RGB picture, that I included for checking, that
appeared as green within Scribus (but with no size problem) output to
pdf with correct coloration.

I use scribus 1.3.3.1 and have unchecked the "highlight colors out of
gamut" checkbox. What happens? Is there a way to get my images back to
the new book? I read all the documentation and mailing list thread and
was surprised not to find a solution.

Thank you for your help
Marc de Banville