[Scribus] Import Pantone Colours

Patrick Ernst patrick
Mon May 22 11:24:22 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Patrick Ernst wrote:
>
>> Possible bug. I opened a file for Raw Postscript - Solid to Process.ps
>> and saved this as a Scribus file as per the cut up EPS files. The file
>> is only 354kb in size but describes the full range of Solid to Process
>> colours. My PC went very slow and top showed that Scribus was using
>> around 85% of available RAM - I have 1.5Gb installed. I had about 32Mb
>> real RAM left and some swap file. After the save, I imported the SLA
>> file into the Colours dialogue and experienced the same thing. After the
>> save, top reported Scribus kept the 85% RAM although CPU was back to
>> normal. RAM was freed only by exiting Scribus.
>>

> By the nature of what they are and how they are used, EPS files in
> Scribus are memory hogs, both in RAM and with any saved file. I presume
> you're using a recent vintage Scribus -- there was a memory leak problem
> a few months ago.
>
> Greg

Hi Greg. EPS and PS files in most apps seem to suck up memory. The
Scribus version is 1.3.3.1 on Suse 10. I was concerned that after
closing the file that Scribus didn't free the RAM. I don't know if this
is a leak as such or whether it is a problem with a 'free' routine or
normal behaviour.

Patrick

--
Patrick Ernst