[Scribus] Scribus - new user

Peter Nermander m8130
Mon May 22 07:06:38 CEST 2006

> Out of curiosity, what are the minimum hardware requirements that
> Scribus requires?

I think it depends a lot on what you consider useable.

The Linux machine I have been running Scribus on is a P166 with 96 MB RAM. But
then that machine does NOT run an X-server, the X-server is on a second machine
(I'm using an old X-Win32 demo version on a Windows machine as an X-server,
however that machine too is a P 166, but is has 128 MB RAM).

But then some things take time, for example opening the story editor takes
around 10 seconds and if the document becomes more than a couple of pages it's
hardly useable.

/Peter