[Scribus] Flyer for Scribus

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer
Sat May 20 23:32:26 CEST 2006

Thomas Z. wrote:
> Please, feel free to tell me what do you think about it!

This is a very promising flyer. Thanks for your efforts.

There are some grammar mistakes and typographical no-nos that need
to be fixed in order for the flyer to appear as professional as it
needs to be. On the first page, "More Information and Downloads," it
should be
The Logos of Scribus's Friends
instead of
The Logo's of Scribus' Friends

An error like that would put me off right away.<g> And I'm not the
only one, I assure you.

It should be
Scribus's Friends
at the top of the left column, not
Scribus' Friends

I wonder if you could include URLs for the friends. That would be
helpful to the readers.

There are several things that need fixing on page 2. I'll simply
move through the text from the top.
*     What is Scribus?
and
Why Scribus?
don't belong in the top band because the text directly under "Why
Scribus?" does not tell us why we should use Scribus. Perhaps if you
moved the two lines at the bottom of column one to the top of column
two you could leave What is Scribus? and Why Scribus? in the top
band. You have plenty of room to do this if you reduced the size of
the pen in the bottom right somewhat.

*     There is no need to hyphenate Linux in "Open Source Desktop
etc." Just move the whole word to the next line. In any case the
hyphenation is incorrect because the word is pronounced LIN-uks in
English, not LINE-uks. Hyphenated, the word is Lin-ux. But I
wouldn't hyphenate it here.

*     It should be Mac OS X, not MacOSX.

*     Please use curly quotes!

*     Calle d by
Ne w s forge ,
"..one of th e