[Scribus] Flyer for Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat May 20 19:06:07 CEST 2006

Thomas Zastrow wrote:
> Gregory Pittman schrieb:
>
>> Thomas Zastrow wrote:
>>

>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> so, I build a small Flyer for promoting Scribus:
>>>
>>> http://www.thomas-zastrow.de/brochure.pdf
>>>
>>> Pictures and texts are from the official Scribus-Doc.
>>>
>>> Please, feel free to tell me what do you think about it!
>>>

>> It looks nice -- clean and straightforward.  I would add a cautionary
>> note about being careful about copyright issues for the content, and
>> perhaps an acknowedgement of the source of the materials.
>>

> Greg, do you mean the content of the flyer? It all comes from the
> Scribus Website / Documentation, only the Logos from the "Friends"-site
> are from other OpenSource-projects, so I think that wouldn't be a problem?

Well, my sense of the information about the various Scribus
documentation on the Scribus site and in the Scribus manual is that the
developers/authors want to retain control of this content. The Wiki is
entirely a different matter, of course. It's mostly a matter of
acknowledgement, I think, especially for something like this flyer. Look
at all the acknowledgements you will see in an ad for the various
trademarks, logos, etc.

It might just take the form of: "Logos and information on this flyer are
from/courtesy of: www.scribus.net"
Greg