[Scribus] Flyer for Scribus

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sat May 20 18:12:28 CEST 2006

>Hi there,
>
>so, I build a small Flyer for promoting Scribus:
>
>http://www.thomas-zastrow.de/brochure.pdf
>
>Pictures and texts are from the official Scribus-Doc.
>
>Please, feel free to tell me what do you think about it!

Hi Tom,

It's short and sweet!

Can I suggest you hyphenate the text so the type will stand out
better? I would also suggest to use curly quotes and em dashes to
achieve a more professional look. You could even use italic for the
quote from Sourceforge.

I find the margins to be very narrow. I wonder how this will come out
from a regular printer. Also, the upper and lower blue bands are
bleed and this will definitely challenge the printer. Anyhow, I would
suggest you actually print the flyer and fold it to make sure it is
to your exact taste. Some margins adjustments may be needed.

As a general note on many other works done with Scribus is some
(many?) users seem to be unaware of the hyphenation capabilities of
the program. Although not perfect (and Scribus is not alone on that
field), the hyphenation engine works well and in many languages.
Hyphenating text is a way to avoid bigger than necessary blank holes
in some lines of text.

Just a few hints.

Cheers!

Louis