[Scribus] Page Numbers

Russbucket russbucket
Sun May 14 19:22:43 CEST 2006

Scribus 1.3.3.1
I'm trying to create a master document with automatic page numbers. I do the
following steps as per the documentation. (I assume newer version is edit
master page where it says template below).

With your chosen document open, go Edit > Templates.. If you have not created
any other page templates, then there will be just one named Normal.
Next, create a text frame where you want the page numbers to go. Then, enter
edit mode by double clicking on the text frame and place the pound or hash
symbol as it is known. # Use one, two or three symbols depending on the
number of pages needed. For 1-9 pages use a single #, for 11 - 99 pages use
two # # Enter Alt+#. (US Keyboard users, are recommended to re-map this key
to F7 for example.) Save the template and return to the main document.

in edit mode my text box has Page ## Then I enter Alt+# (assume it means the
plus key also) Have tried with and without + key. I close the little window
(page name) and go back and apply the master page to my document. It appears
but the text box has Page # +# or #. Has something changed thats not in the
documents. Goggle also give the above procedures.

Any help will be appreciated.
--
Russ