[Scribus] Reporting bugs

avox avox
Fri May 12 17:18:16 CEST 2006

Louis Desjardins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are a few thoughts I want to share about reporting bugs. This
> relates to bug #3802 with which, by the way, I fully agree.
>
> We have an increasing number of bug reports, many of which are
> duplicates or simple enhancements to ideas already suggested.

Louis, I agree, I just wanted to point out that it applies mostly to
RFE (requests for enhancement) not real bugs.

Currently we have three kinds of issues on the bugtracker:

* bugs
* RFEs
* metabugs

The above mentioned #3802 is one of those metabugs, we have others
for all issues related to some specific platform, or for all issues which
are scheduled to be fixed for a certain release.

And a final note to bug  submitters: don't feel inhibited by the above
rules. If you stick to them you can save us a lot of time, but a
duplicate bug or RFE is still better than none (at least in my view).

/Andreas