[Scribus] using scribus 1.2.4.1 and 1.3.3 on the same document

Nik scribus
Thu May 11 10:25:17 CEST 2006

Hi All,

As part of solving a more general problem, I have been testing using
scribus 1.3.3 to open a document created with Scribus 1.2.4.1. The basic
plan is to work with Scribus 1.2.4 for its stability, but use scribus
1.3.3 for output only, to use its ability to generate a greyscale PDF
from a colour base document.

I have noticed that the output from scribus 1.3.3 differs from that
produced by scribus 1.2.4 in more than just colour. Basically, certain
lines of text are rendered higher up the page in 1.3.3 than they are in
1.2.4, causing them to be off-center within boxes, to clip (slightly)
lines above, or to almost touch horizontal lines that originally
separated various pieces of text.

My question is: Is this anything of concern to the developers? I am
happy to provide PDF output, and the SLA file if people desire.
Otherwise, if this is seen as an acceptable part of the migration from
1.2 to 1.4, then I am happy to make my own arrangements to work around
this issue.

All comments welcome.

Cheers!
Nik.