[Scribus] Font problem - Bitstream type 1 not working

Peter Haraldson peterharaldson
Wed May 10 19:47:53 CEST 2006

Andreas wrote:
> Currently Scribus uses the first, third and last method. Full embedding of
> TTF fonts is not suppported for PS since not all printers support TTF
> (also called Type42).

Now I find that very interresting!
I have spent some time searching the 'net for fontinfo, and ended up
pretty confused (yes, I'm getting used to that...  :-)  )
It's about using TTF or not: some say no, some say yes. I got the
picture that the only problem with TTF is that there are many badly
created out there, but if you just get good ones it's no problem using
them.
Now you say the above quoted, which in my ears sounds as "don't use
TTF". Correct?

A small wonder about converting to outlines: I tried that with an ad I
created in Scribus, it had pictures (.png) and text. Picture was ok,
text unreadable? Is this just something like the normal problem viewing
.eps-files (which I do understand = not confused! (yet...) ?
--
  Peter Haraldson
  peterharaldson at ml1.net