[Scribus] little cms 'unsuitable'

PLinnell mrdocs
Sat May 6 01:12:07 CEST 2006

On Saturday 06 May 2006 01:07, Bart Alberti wrote:
> bart at kissling:~> scribus
> Littlecms : profile is unsuitable for output
> bart at kissling:~> rpm -qa|grep cms
> liblcms-devel-1.12-57
> liblcms-1.12-57

This console warning is because Jean has wisely made some changes to
more precisely inspect the profiles when they are loaded.

Fix: Change the ANSI-CGATS to Fogra-27 and restart Scribus

> bart at kissling:~> ls -l download/|grep 2006-05-05
> -rw-r--r--   1 bart users   777834 2006-05-05 15:49
> lcms-1.15.tar.gz
>
> Although 1.3.4cvs says C-C-T-F-A (there should be a command line
> option to state this immediately since cut and paste is not working
> for that feature display to document these settings), and in
> 'preferences' 'Enable Color management' is checked.
> I see no rpm for SuSE 9.2 and if I do the tar ball from the cms org
> how do I compile so scribus sees the 1.1.5 cms and not my installed
> ones?

>Maybe generating an rpmbuild command would be helpful so the
> SuSE rpm data base must not be corrupted.

If you can rebuild a source rpm, this would be preferable. The issue
in this case is lcms was autotooled in 1.13, so rebuilding a source
rpm from a newer might work better.

That said, you do not absolutely need 1.15.