[Scribus] Scribus crash in xp

hovergo at net-tech.com.au hovergo
Wed May 3 08:37:59 CEST 2006

May I offer that if at all possible, serious consideration be given to
setting up a small light weight version of Linux with it's Grub dual
boot and run scribus in Linux. This can be on another hard drive or the
same hard drive, I am told that Ubuntu is very good and very small space
requirements on a hard disk.
May I also offer that a fat32 partition be used for all work, this acts
as a file system for both windows xp and linux then if xp fails you can
resurect  with linux with no particular loss of data or files. And on
the off remote chance that Linux fails you can access the files from a
reload of xp, win 98, me, win2k etc.
I run blender and other programs in both xp and linux depending on which
system  I am using at the time.
The above has saved me more than once and I would not do without it now.
Hope this helps.
Roger