[Scribus] Crashes with Windows XP

Erich Dollansky oceanare
Wed May 3 02:56:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

tomacigale wrote:

> Erich Dollansky wrote:
>> are you sure that you have the latest version. I noticed a real
>> improvement with it.
>>

> I use the 1.3.3.1. I uninstalled it, checked manually that all files were
> removed (there were some files remaining from previous version), then
> reinstalled it. Some bugs were fixed, but not the crashes.

this version works for me pretty good. I tried to work with the older
versions but it was very, very hard.

One thing helped in my case a lot: saving the file as often as possible.
I could not move more than five frames between saves without a crash.

> Cool ! I was afraid to have worked for nothing: I was using MS Word, and for
> brochures layout, it's quite difficult- and it crashes a lot too !

If you have a chance, get FreeBSD installed and work there. After some
real hard time to get used to Unix, you will be surprised how stable
software can be. I use there Scribus since last year without a single crash.

Erich