[Scribus] bold L in PDF

tomacigale mouais.mouais
Tue May 2 21:59:51 CEST 2006

avox wrote:

> (...)
>
> If you see this defect in a PDF, you probably used Scribus' "subset"
> option for Arial,
> since otherwise Acrobat Reader would use the original hinting information
> in the font.
>
> HTH
> /Andreas

I confirm, I have the same trouble when using a subset. When I include the
whole font, it's both ok on screen and on printer.
The bad thing is that the pdf file is larger; for me it is embarrassing
because I plan to put my files (brochures) on a web site and the fonts use a
lot of space.

Is it possible to export in pdf from Scribus with the whole sets then to
save the file from Acrobat Writer with subsets?

Thomas.