[Scribus] Crashes with Windows XP

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue May 2 15:25:19 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 15:15, tomacigale wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I still have those crashes (14 times in 4 hours today) :-(.
> I've noticed several cases:
> - when clicking or double-clicking in a block (text or image)
> - after validating the "Copy Page" dialog box
> - after validating the "duplicate/move" dialog on one or several blocks
> - when releasing the mouse after a click and drag for selection.

What version are you using?
Do you have colour management on?

We have one completely untraceable crash that only appears with some drag
operation.

> Questions:
> - Should I report this as a bug - even if it is not repeatable?

If its a crash and we don't know about it (and there is no bug on
bugs.scribus.net), yes.

> - Does the usage of low quality ttf or OpenType font may cause those bugs?

Yes, always possible, though hopefully Scribus rejects them on start up.

> Or it affects only the pdf result?

Definitely can affect PDF results.

> - On windows.scribus.net website, it is advised not to use Scribus for
> production until some next version. Does it mean that the brochure I am
> working on for my company will not be reusable on the next version? Or does
> it means that I may loose some time to handle some bugs and imprecision?

The 2nd one. You can still load documents from Scribus 0.8 in 1.3.4cvs.
1.3.4cvs has many many large changes and we recommend using 1.3.3.1 (which is
the only option for Windows anyway).

Craig