[Scribus] Font problem - Bitstream type 1 not working

Andreas Vox vox
Mon May 1 19:51:30 CEST 2006

Hi Peter!

> Now I'm looking for an answer to a few questions:
> 1) What is actually wrong with the fonts? "Undefined procedure"...what
> does it mean?
ND and RD are internal operators used in Type1 fonts. Users should
never see those.

> Could I edit something in the .afm-files for instance?
No.

> 2) If Bitstream Type1 is no good - then what can I trust, how do I
> know?
I would be very interested to take a look at these fonts to check what
goes wrong.
You're shure they are unmodified from Bitstream?
Please file a _private_ bug at http://bugs.scribus.net and upload one
or more
of those fontfiles. Also describe exactly how you generated your PDF:
export to PDF,
embed all fonts, don't subset?

As a workaround you can subset all fonts.

/Andreas