[Scribus] Vector graphic?

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Fri Mar 31 18:10:34 CEST 2006

Frank Cox a ?crit :

> I am getting some custom plastic bags printed and made my design using Scribus
> (of course).  I sent the artwork in to the bag manufacturer in PDF format,
> assuming that pretty much all printing work seems to use PDF.
>
> One of the guys from there just called me to ask if I can send the file in a
> "vector graphic" format instead of PDF.  They can convert it, but they will
> charge me an extra $45 to do it.

Hi Frank,

 From the info we have it is hard to tell exactly what (why) do they
need that "vector graphic"...
As Craig and Andreas already mentionned, PDF is a vector format.

I can only guess the PDF has not all fonts embedded?

They could possibly open your PDF in Illustrator (or other?) for
instance. But I can hardly see and understand why they would charge
extra cost for simply opening a file to print it.

In that particular case, it would be more than interesting to know more
about the exact needs of you bag manufacturer. Feel free to send more
info so we can help you.

Louis

--
Louis Desjardins