[Scribus] that's incredible! 1.3.3 win version quicker than fc5 version

luca colferai colferai
Wed Mar 29 18:05:36 CEST 2006

I'm astonished,
and sincerely sad...
I've installed scribus 1.3.3 on my 2/3 years old win pc (AMD Athlon XP 2400
1gb ram NDIVIA GeForce 2) in few minutes, started, loaded scribus files made
on a "putaputer" (brazilian slang: AMD Athlon 64 3000 2gb ram Ati Radeon
9550) with fc4 and fc5 et voil?!
On fc5-scribus loading time it's many many minutes, and a slow slow slow slow
slow blank window, text management it's a real pain; on winxp nothing wrong
happens... same files! (ten A4 pages with text, graphics and pictures)
I know, it's a good new for the staff, and also for me: I can finish my 200
pages book in color with beloved scribus (and not buy other damned ugly
expensive dtp software) but that make me cry!
Why linux version it's slower than win version, on a newer quicker hardware?
What's a pity!
Greetings from Venezia
it's springtime!