[Scribus] ANNOUNCE Release Scribus 1.3.3 - Printemps

Benjamin Huot benjaminhuot
Tue Mar 28 16:55:12 CEST 2006

Hopefully they will package it into a .pkg format so it will install
like Apple software. This is pretty complicated to install on a Mac. The
Ghostscript.framework file from aqua.scribus.net is a working
Ghostscript. There are aliases in it though and the path is an alias
that I gave but it will resolve itself in the dialog box. Basically just
find the gsc file and don't worry about whether or not it is the alias
or the actual file - this shouldn't make a difference. You put the
Ghostscript.framework file in /Library/Frameworks. Note - do not make
subfolders in this folder. Note - on the wizard whether that appears or
not just depends on your settings so don't worry about that.

I wish I knew more about this but I am just a user too - I do mostly
design and writing on my computer and have never gotten past the HTML
and CSS langauges. If I knew how to make a normal Mac OS X installer I
would do it and save us all a lot of trouble.