[Scribus] Scribus Digest, Vol 37, Issue 66

hovergo at net-tech.com.au hovergo
Mon Mar 27 07:13:36 CEST 2006

I am running the Debian unstable scribus-cvs package, and I am having all

>manner of difficulty in persuading Scribus to accept text copied into the
>clipboard from other packages.  I have tried Kwrite and OpenOffice and
>Scribus just keeps the menu items grey'ed out when in the story editor.
>Is this a known problem?
>
>Regards
>
>David

Make a folder for your text files that you want to use for the project.
Select the text you want to use click and paste it into Gedit or gvim.
Make sure that your text file is always saved with a   .txt extention
for example  filename.txt
The file should be ready to use.
If they don't have the .txt they don't seem to work.

Roger