[Scribus] TIFF is an unsupported file format?

PLinnell mrdocs
Thu Mar 23 15:24:17 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 14:58, gewilit at gmx.de wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. M?rz 2006 12:28 schrieb PLinnell:
> > If any recommended libraries (and their dev/devel packages or
> > headers) are not installed, some features will be disabled by
> > configure. If you later install any of these dependencies, you
> > will have to re-run configure and re-compile Scribus before the
> > features are enabled.
>
> Ok, I tried to install libcups, I found by seeking this rpm, but
> without any sucess the depencies couldn't be solved, because it is
> no real SuSE rpm. All rpms called libcups are not installable with
> Suse 9.3.
>
> There is already a library called cups-libs installed, cups-devel
> isn't available, just a libgnomecups-devel, which is installed.  So
> I think, cups-libs is a special SuSE package. Perhaps some scripts
> in Scribus makefile-process have to be changed with a correct path
> to the cups-libs libraries. But how to do this?
>
> All other packages are installed.
>
> > you are recommended to have the updated KDE/Qt packages which are
> > provided as supplemental from ftp.suse.com or mirrors.
>
> Of course, I do update always if possible.
> Detlef

You need:

(possibly)
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/9.3/suse/i586/cups-libs-1.1.23-7.i586.rpm

and:

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/9.3/suse/i586/cups-devel-1.1.23-7.i586.rpm

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/9.3/suse/i586/openssl-devel-0.9.7e-3.i586.rpm

Then run Yast Online update to make sure the security updates are
applied.

Peter