[Scribus] TIFF is an unsupported file format?

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Thu Mar 23 03:20:56 CET 2006

OK, this is ridiculous. Clearly I must be doing something wrong.

I have a two-page course syllabus I want to send to a fellow student. I scanned it with XSane and saved the the files as TIFF. The files are Syllabus0001.tiff and Syllabus0002.tiff on my hard disk. They look fine in XSane.

So then I tried to make them into one PDF file. I figured I'd place each file on a separate page in a Scribus document, then export as PDF. Piece of cake, right?

Hah! Scribus happily imported them, but the image does not appear on screen. "OK," I figure. "Maybe this is one of those non-GUI things. I'll just export from Scribus as PDF and see what the PDF looks like." So I did. And the PDF is as blank as the Scribus document.

OK, maybe the problem is in the TIFF file. I fiddled around for a bit and decide to change the extension from TIFF to tif. But no go. Scribus still doesn't see them as placeable files.

What's going on?