[Scribus] CMYK image processing

Hal V. Engel hvengel
Mon Mar 20 02:04:30 CET 2006

This thread brings up something that I think bears repeating.  Those of us
that are developing open source applications need and want feedback from
users to help make the apps better.  When you run into a problem with an app
please report it to the maintainers and supply as much information as you can
about how to reproduce the problem.  The vast majority of developers will
bend over backwards to fix the problem.   If the problem goes unreported it
may take the developers a long time to discover it and the problem will not
get fixed in a timely manner.

Here we have an example where an application developer only found out about an
issue because he happened to be a member of an email list for another
application.  I am sure that Kai-Uwe and the other CinePaint developers will
get this resolved.  But I am also sure that they would have rather found out
about this because it was reported in their bug tracker.

Most developers will not get angry if you file a bug report or enhancement
request.  In fact, I consider these to be gifts from my users and if those
opening the bug report/enhancement request are willing to work with me by
providing information and possibly testing fixes then I am very grateful for
their efforts.  I am sure that the Scribus and CinePaint developers feel the
same way.

Hal