[Scribus] white turns into black after exporting to pdf

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Mon Mar 13 00:03:46 CET 2006

> >What version of Scribus? Please submit a bug with the sla file and pdf on
> >bugs.scribus.net.
> >
> >Craig
> >

> My version of Scribus is 1.2.4.1
> This is how I created the document:
> In a new file I used the button "Draw various Shapes" to create a
> selection as big as the whole document and filled it with a colour
> (green). On top of this I used the "Draw various Shapes"-button again
> to create three smaller fields, filled with white. The white fields were
> meant to be the background of text. The fields are separated from each
> other leaving a nice green border around it. I put a text frame on top
> of the white fields and inserted text.
> Is it allowed to put two "Draw various Shapes" -frames on top of each
> other? Or is this where it goes wrong when exporting to pdf?
> Peter

Hi Peter,

as Craig wrote, it's best to upload the files to the bug tracker. I repeated
what you described here in 1.2.4.1 and 1.2.5cvs without any problems.

BTW, you don't need to create shapes as a coloured background. You can assign
any background colour to a text frame in the properties palette, and you can
also edit the shape of a text frame.

Groeten,

Christoph