[Scribus] white turns into black after exporting to pdf

Peter Lesterhuis peterlesterhuis
Sun Mar 12 21:37:22 CET 2006

>On Sunday 12 March 2006 17:12, Peter Lesterhuis wrote:
>

>>> Hi,
>>> Newbie question: I just created my first brochure with Scribus. It looks
>>> fine on the monitor. I saved the document as pdf. When I view the
>>> document in Acrobat Reader it turns out that all white fields are
>>> changed into black. So now I have black text in a black background.
>>> I played with different settings, read tutorials about lcms and
>>> icc-profiles. I know a lot more about colour management now, but the
>>> background is still black.
>>> I sure it must have to do with settings, but I can't find out which and
>>> how. I would appreciate if anybody could help me.
>>> Peter
>>

>What version of Scribus? Please submit a bug with the sla file and pdf on
>bugs.scribus.net.
>
>Craig

My version of Scribus is 1.2.4.1
This is how I created the document:
In a new file I used the button "Draw various Shapes" to create a
selection as big as the whole document and filled it with a colour
(green). On top of this I used the "Draw various Shapes"-button again
to create three smaller fields, filled with white. The white fields were
meant to be the background of text. The fields are separated from each
other leaving a nice green border around it. I put a text frame on top
of the white fields and inserted text.
Is it allowed to put two "Draw various Shapes" -frames on top of each
other? Or is this where it goes wrong when exporting to pdf?
Peter