[Scribus] Newbie question: blending photos.

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Sun Mar 12 02:21:39 CET 2006

Am Sonntag, 12. M?rz 2006 01:36 schrieb John R. Culleton:
> A common task is to fit two photos together and then blend/stitch
> them together along the boundary. Gimp does this, but Gimp won't
> work in the CMYK color model. Inkscape won't do it because photos
> are bitmaps and Inkscape manipulates vectors.
>
> Does Scribus offer any such facility?

Hi John,

Scribus doesn't, and I hope it never will. This is far beyond the
"responsibility" of a page layout software.

Hopefully, the GIMP will support CMYK and colour management in the next major
release (2.4), and btw: inkscape also doesn't support CMYK either (yet).

Use GIMP or one of the free stitchers (some are mentioned here:
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Live_DTP_CD) and let Scribus do the
RGB>CMYK conversion.

> Thanks in advance,
>
> John Culleton