[Scribus] Printing tabloid landscape to Laserjet 5SiMx - Help!

Morten Langlo mlanglo
Sat Mar 11 10:47:51 CET 2006

l?r, 11 mar, 2006, 01:39:51 -0700, skrev Steve Jacobs:
> On 12:30:15 am 03/11/06 "John Jordan" <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > At this point I' no longer positive that I have the right PPD. In
> > fact, I can't even figure out what is installed. A search of *.ppd
> > revealed:
> >
> > /etc/cups/ppd/laserjet5Si.ppd                 25,431   6/25/2005
> > /usr/share/cups/model/HPLJ5SIM.PPD   36,762   6/25/2005
> >
> > Unfortunately it would probably take me weeks of study to figure
> > out which folder is which, whether it matters that there are two
> > different PPD files in different folders and which one is installed
> > in CUPS.
> >

> On my machines, the ppd's cups uses are in /usr/share/cups/model. The ones
> in /etc/cups/ppd are ignored. Not sure why they even exist.

No - Not completely right !!

The ones in /usr/share/cups/model are the original ppd's and those in
/etc/cups/ppd are for the installed printers, and when you configure
the installed printers cups saves the changes in those ppd's.

Morten

--
Morten Langlo
8550 Ryomg?rd