[Scribus] Printing tabloid landscape to Laserjet 5SiMx - Help!

Steve Jacobs steve
Sat Mar 11 09:39:51 CET 2006

On 12:30:15 am 03/11/06 "John Jordan" <johnxj at comcast.net> wrote:

> At this point I' no longer positive that I have the right PPD. In
> fact, I can't even figure out what is installed. A search of *.ppd
> revealed:
>
> /etc/cups/ppd/laserjet5Si.ppd                 25,431   6/25/2005
> /usr/share/cups/model/HPLJ5SIM.PPD   36,762   6/25/2005
>
> Unfortunately it would probably take me weeks of study to figure
> out which folder is which, whether it matters that there are two
> different PPD files in different folders and which one is installed
> in CUPS.

On my machines, the ppd's cups uses are in /usr/share/cups/model. The ones
in /etc/cups/ppd are ignored. Not sure why they even exist.

Laserjet5Si.ppd is likely the one you want. Try copying it to
/usr/share/cups/model. The restart cups, point your browser to
http://localhost:631 to open the cups admin interface, click on "Manage
Printers", then "Modify Printer" to reconfigure the printer with that ppd.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Jacobs
Steve Jacobs & Associates