[Scribus] Font problems when importing PS

Magnus Gunnarsson magnus.gunnarsson
Fri Mar 10 09:34:30 CET 2006

9 mar 2006 kl. 21.01 skrev avox:

> Magnus Gunnarsson-2 wrote:
>>

>> Has anybody got any idea of what I can do? Is there a way to get some
>> kind of error log from Scribus, to see what is going wrong? Anything?
>>
>> P.S. I am running Mac OS X 10.4.5. Ghostscript 8.00 (8.53 would not
>> compile).
>>

> Hi Gunnar,
>
> your eps imports like here like this with Scribus1.3.2cvs:
> http://aqua.scribus.net/music-import.png

Thanks, it looks fine. Now at least i now it SHOULD work.

> Tips:
>
> * there is a Ghostscript.framework on aqua.scribus.net which
> contains GS 8.5
> * check which fonts GS is really using, try to make it use "good"
> fonts.

I have removed all old versions of scribus and ghostscript, and now I
have only your Aqua 1.2.3cvs build, with the 8.5 Ghostscript.framework.

When trying to import my music.ps, I get the an error message that
only says that "the import failed".

In Scribus, when I look in Settings->Fonts, I see a whole bunch of
fonts from different folders, but when I try to make a simple text
box in a new document, I cannot type anything. (Well, I can type, but
nothing happens on screen.) When I try to set a font, using Style-
 >Font, there are no fonts at all to choose from.

However, the Font Preview tool works fine.

I have removed ~/.scribus and ~/Library/Preferences/
net.scribus.plist. Do you know of any other settings files hidden in
the system?

Any guess?

	/MagnusG!