[Scribus] INkscape Friendly Linux Distribution _OT

Lars Behrens Lars.Behrens
Mon Mar 6 08:51:08 CET 2006

on Saturday 04 March 2006 23:24 John R. Culleton wrote:
> I have run Slackware since the floppy disk days but now it seems
> to be running out of steam in the DTP area. In particular
> several attempts to install Inkscape have failed. I know that
> several users of Scribus also use Inkscape. So my question is:
> whoat distro comes with Inkscape or is a capable host for
> Inkscape? How about Debian?

I'm running Slackware 10.2 with Inkscape 0.43 and Scribus 1.3.2 here.
Don't remember if I had a problem in installing these versions, but I
would say that the effort in changing your distro will surely overweigh
the effort of installing a few missing libraries (if there are any)

Cheerz Lars

--
Universit?t Karlsruhe (TH)
Physikalisches Institut