[Scribus] scribus to ps on command line?

Paraplegic Racehorse paraplegic_racehorse
Sun Mar 5 09:58:14 CET 2006

Craig Bradney wrote:

>On Saturday 04 March 2006 22:13, Tim Howe wrote:
>

>>Hi all.
>>
>>	I am fairly new to scribus and am extremely impressed.  I've been using it
>>for a couple weeks now to create various forms and documents for my office.
>>
>>	I am hoping there is a way to batch convert a bunch of scribus files to
>>postscript files.  Or maybe a stand-alone program that does this like
>>atops.  I would like to be able to create scribus templates using Ruby ERB
>>files and batch process my company's monthly bill run.  Thsi would allow
>>one to do mass mailings, bill runs where the data is filled in from a
>>database, etc...  The possibilities are limitless. Currently I can find no
>>other format that will allow me to easily create templates with page layout
>>capabilities and then convert them to postscript on the command line.  This
>>would basically be the holy grail for me and, I'm sure, open up a lot of
>>possibilities for everyone.  The scribus XML format is the only thing I can
>>find that would allow me to do this without a lot of headaches.
>>
>>	So, can someone point me to a way to do this?  If there isn't a way, what
>>is the best way to make a formal feature request?  I'm quite certain this
>>capability would be a "killer feature" so to speak.
>>

>Not possible, not yet, we know about it :) For other requests, please visit
>bugs.scribus.net.

Directly calling Scribus from the command line is not possible yet, no.
However, templating with Scribus XML is entirely possible and, from
there, any of the assorted meatballs-to-spaghetti converters will work
with the right arguments.

I do not envy you, here. Have fun playing with converters and shell scripts.