[Scribus] scribus to ps on command line?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Sun Mar 5 01:15:31 CET 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 01:01, Tim Howe wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 22:43:34 +0100
>
> Christoph Sch?fer <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Can you please have a look here:
> >
> > http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=238
> >
> > This must be very close to what you need.
>
> 	Close but no cigar.  Can't send a PDF to my printer, and converting PDF to
> PS creates huge files.  However, if a command line to-pdf option is
> forthcoming, can a ps option be far behind?  Shouldn't it be even easier?

The question does not relate to the file format, its that Scribus was not
written to handle such command line operations. Part of the 1.3.x goals are
to allow this. I have a patch for PDF export and scripter runs, but I want to
change it to suit a one time inclusion rather than include and then have to
modify a lot in the future. Given the changes required, I think I will put it
into 1.3.4 cvs.

Craig