[Scribus] EPS image

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Mar 4 21:56:24 CET 2006

PLinnell wrote:
> We resolved this via IRC and it was an issue of an old Ghostscript
> 7.07. Upgrading to 8.53 fixed it.

While we're on the subject, is there a command while configuring to tell
make where to find my 8.53 gs? I don't see enough to help me in
'./configure --help'. As it is, I just set the gs location after I've
installed Scribus.

And also, while I'm talking about configure, over the last couple of
days I've been loading up a new laptop, and eventually went through a
series of configures to get all the packages. On the surface it was
confusing, but eventually it clicked: in the little messages at the end,
configure will say something like , 'CUPS installed:  NO' when actually
what's missing is cups-devel; same with lcms and some of the others.
Maybe this could be spelled out for the novices to avoid less anguish. I
know this is all in the documentation on the site and probably in the
package as well, but it would seem any shortcut for the info would be
useful for many.

Greg