[Scribus] Best way to explore Scribus Code

Christophe Chailloleau-Leclerc zekrap
Fri Mar 3 07:54:19 CET 2006

Hi everybody,

I actually have not enough time to help the dev, but I could from time to
time do a few things, and I would be very interested by a few documents
about the internal organization (framework) of Scribus, which would help
entering the code quickly. Is there some documentation available about
Scribus internals ? (no, I didn't search right now, but I think the answer
may interest a few people, so...)

Asif, for the i18n part (i don't know how l10n is done), it's something easy
(at least in the concept) : each string in Scribus is wrapped in a macro or
function call (tr() IIRC). An external program (lupdate) extracts all theses
strings from the source, and creates an xml "source" file (.ts) for
translation. Then, once translators have done their (hard) work (with Qt's
linguist tool for example), another program (lrelease) makes a binary
version of this files (.qm). These files are loaded according to locale
definition or user's preference by Scribus,  and the tr() thing uses them to
translate everything.
I think the Qt documentation explains that 1000 times better than myself,
but it's the base idea !

Regards,

Christophe