[Scribus] Scribus translation

avox avox
Wed Jun 28 23:35:44 CEST 2006

Alexandre Rocha Lima e Marcondes wrote:

> Hello Scribus developers,
>
> I am an official Ubuntu translator (pr-BR Brazilian team)

If you are an official Ubuntu translator, have you followed their import
policy?

https://help.launchpad.net/RosettaNewImportPolicy

>From my point of view it would not make sense to make Scribus
an official Rosetta product, it would be better to integrate all
translations
within Scribus and Ubuntu just using those.

If you just want to reuse Scribus translations for other OSS projects that
would be something else. Please explain how want to use Rosetta for Scribus.

> and we have had
> encountered some difficulties due to gettext misinterpretation of the
> character '%' on some strings inside Scribus. It could easily be solved by
> adding this comments /* xgettext:no-c-format */ before the strings were
> '%'
> does not represent C/C++ formatting strings (that should look like %s, %d,
> %f, etc).

If this comment is just before, but *outside* the c-string, that would be no
problem.
But you should try to reach a consensus about the Scribus/Rosetta
cooperation
first.

/Andreas