[Scribus] Design Processed: Blue Sky Scribus Ideas

avox avox
Tue Jun 20 13:07:09 CEST 2006

Hi Dave,

very interesting ideas! Of course as a developer I first think of if there's
a way to implement it :-)

I think smart defaults and golden rules should be implementable easily
(at least some of them). The proximity rules would be more difficult.

I haven't understood how "Tetris" is supposed to work, so I can't
comment on it.

Evolution and Essence sound more difficult. The problems I see are
a) Scribus design space is *much* larger than photoshop effects
b) how would a computer know the difference between "essence"
   and "non-essence" ? That's a task of abstraction which computers
   are notoriously bad at (computers are good at working on an
   abstract level but have no means to switch between abstraction
   levels unless a programmer explicitly codes it).

I'm very interested in how these ideas develop and maybe we can
implement some of them with the new style system.

/Andreas