[Scribus] Mac Intel binaries

Martin Costabel costabel
Sun Jun 18 23:24:27 CEST 2006

Jim Killock wrote:
> On 18 Jun 2006, at 18:57, Martin Costabel wrote:
>
>> Jim Killock wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Somebody has got Scribus working on Mac Intel but not with Fink I see
>>> from the Aqua page
>>>
>>> http://aqua.scribus.net/scribusintel.png
>> "fink install scribus-aqua" works on intel, too. Fink doesn't provide
>> binaries for scribus-aqua, only for scribus-1.2.4.1 and 1.3.3.1
>> running
>> with X11, but the compilation of scribus-aqua works on intel without
>> problem. No further build instructions are necessary (except to
>> install
>> Fink, of course).
>
> it locates dependencies and installs presumably?

Yes.

> still, it would help if someone could help me to get an easier (to
> the general user) install method prepared, or let me know if binaries
> will be released in the same way

Well, the Fink project currently manages more than 5000 packages for
MacOSX, but it has probably less resources than the Scribus team (I
haven't yet seen any user come forward and spontaneously donate 100
euros to Fink :-) ). So for the time being, precompiled binaries are
only offered for the packages from the "stable" tree, to which
scribus-aqua does not yet belong. The scribus versions 1.2.4.1 and
1.3.3.1 running under X11 do exist as precompiled binaries.

--
Martin